The parasite is an organism adapted to adverse conditions that can live in any part of the human body. Made a special treatment for parasites in the hair, in case the parasites live in the head. In addition, these creatures live in all internal organs, on the scalp and under the skin. This article will focus on the types, symptoms, treatment, prevention of parasites on the human head.
Types of parasites and hair symptoms
There are whole classes of organisms that parasitize on human hair. Their nutritional component is human tissue, ie skin, sebum, blood. Feeding on tissues, the parasites are felt by the appearance of itching, pain in the scalp, hair loss and creating significant discomfort. Such parasites are difficult not to detect, they are extremely dangerous to human health.
Pediculosis or, in other words, lice are known to every parent and every child. The main risk group are school-age children. The main danger of lice is invisibility to the naked eye. They look like small bugs that are able to disguise themselves under the light skin of the human head due to the pale color of the body. Nits are lice eggs that stick tightly to the hair roots, which often makes them difficult to get rid of. The nits contain larvae. Lice can run fast, be transmitted by direct contact with people, that is, by touching their heads with hats or clothes. The bites remain and they feel most comfortable in the temples and on the back of a person's head.
Fleas are omnivorous parasites
The flea was a former carrier of plague and typhus. Most common inhabitant of animal fur, but also found in humans. These are bugs with different shades - from yellowish to dark brown. Fleas are classified according to the type of host. They are divided into the following types:
- Household: linen; genital.
- Others: dogs; feline; chicken; person; rat; earthly.
Human fleas are universal. They are able to feed on human, dog or cat blood. In addition, there are species that choose their habitat in the form of carpets, upholstered furniture. Such fleas are called house fleas. Clay fleas live in the yard, which do not pose a danger to humans because they do not feed on blood. The main danger of fleas is that they carry infectious diseases.
Parasites under the scalp
Subcutaneous parasites are common in hot tropical countries. Getting rid of them takes much more time and effort than those who live on the surface of the skin. Under the scalp, wrists, armpits, gaps between the fingers of parasitic microscopic mite scabies, causing scabies disease. It feeds on human skin tissues, gnaws pathways under the skin and provokes unbearable itching. Another dangerous subcutaneous pest is heartworm. This parasite develops under the lining of the eye, which can impair vision or even blind a person. It is possible to get rid of it only through surgery.
Hair or demodex lives in human hair and eyelashes. Harmful to the scalp and hair structure, causing excessive hair loss. At first they feed on dry scales - pieces of dead skin, then fall into the follicles and cause serious damage, resulting in hair loss. Mites on the eyelashes provoke the formation of white or yellowish scales between the hairs, as well as their loss. This parasite often causes bright red acne on the face. For a long time it may not remind itself, but when the immunity is weakened, it is felt by the above reactions.
Causes of parasites on the human head
Every type of parasite enters the human body from the external environment. Lice are transmitted directly from person to person or through the things of the infected. Fleas are brought into the house by pets, transmitted from animal to animal, and also from animal to human and vice versa. Subcutaneous parasites enter the human body along with raw water, as a result of swimming in polluted water bodies by animals, as well as through direct contact between humans. Demodex lives in the human body without causing discomfort and harm, but in case of deterioration of the quality of skin care, hair, use of aggressive cosmetics, it activates and provokes extremely unpleasant symptoms described above.
Treatment of lice
Each type of parasite that lives in the human head requires a specific approach to treatment. Pediculosis is usually treated at home. Use drugs designed for this, which can be in the form of spray, shampoo, cream, emulsion. To choose a suitable drug of the variety presented in stores and pharmacies, you need to pay attention to the composition of the drug.
Get rid of fleas
The flea is a non-permanent inhabitant of the human body. She is constantly on the move. The parasite, after drinking blood, leaves the body until it is hungry again and begins to look for a new victim. Therefore, more or less permanent habitat of this parasite is the room or the hair of animals. There are many medications available in pet stores for the treatment of a pet. And to get rid of fleas indoors, they use various methods of disinfection. They perform the cleaning themselves, buying a special tool or ordering this service from the respective service. It is also worth remembering that if fleas are found on an animal, you need to make sure that they have already laid the larvae in different parts of the house. Therefore, the treatment of the animal alone is not enough. Disinfection of the premises is usually combined with the treatment of animal hair.
Expelling subcutaneous parasites
Compared to the skin, parasites under the skin are a much bigger nuisance, if not a danger to human health. Hair treatment for parasites that live under the skin takes a lot of time and effort. This type is difficult to diagnose because the symptoms are often misunderstood as diseases of the internal organs. They are most often disposed of surgically, but some, such as scabies, are disposed of with ointments, solutions, and other medications.
Demodex lives harmlessly in the human body, as long as external conditions do not provoke its active nutrition and rapid development. Treatment requires a lot of time, effort and regularity. To deal with this problem, your own efforts are not enough: you can not cope without an experienced dermatologist. Once you are sure that the symptoms show demodex, it is worth stocking up on:
- medicines prescribed by a doctor (such as preparations containing sulfur, tar, zinc and mercury ointments);
- antifungal ointments;
- anti-inflammatory ointments;
Be careful with demodex drugs! As a rule, these funds are quite toxic. Therefore, they are contraindicated in pregnancy, lactation, kidney and liver diseases.
Like treatment, each disease has its own preventive measures. To warn your child against lice, it is worth teaching him to use only his comb, hats and not allow other children to take personal hygiene products. In public places (in cafes, schools, circles) we recommend hanging your outerwear on a common hanger after turning it outside.
To prevent fleas in animals, special flea collars are used for cats and dogs. Bathe pets with the help of preventive shampoos. As for the prevention of fleas indoors, it is enough to keep the house clean. To avoid the problem of parasites under the skin, you should not drink unboiled water, swim in stagnant water pools (especially in countries with hot climates) and eat raw meat. And Demodex, as already mentioned, will not create problems if you follow the rules of hygiene of hair and skin, using appropriate cosmetics.
Symptoms and treatment of intestinal parasites in humans
Human intestinal parasites, according to the World Health Organization, claim about 16 million lives a year. Intestinal or helminthic parasites in humans can be identified by the emerging disorders in the work of various organs, by changes in appearance.
Types of intestinal parasites in the body
The symptoms of worms are often similar to those of other diseases. Therefore, it is necessary to pass a number of tests for the presence, determining the types of parasites for their proper removal. The drugs chosen depend on the types of helminths.
The main types of existing worms:
- Ascaris - the size reaches 40 cm. It enters the body through raw water, dirty hands, food. Ascaris eggs that fall into the soil can live there for several years. In the body, roundworm larvae penetrate the intestinal walls, blood, liver, brain, lungs, heart. They exist due to the nutrition of red blood cells, nutrients.
- Pinworm is the most common helminth in children, 1 cm long. It lives in the small and large intestines; reproduces by exiting through the anus at night. Lays eggs on bed linen, bed linen, skin folds. The eggs mature after 5 hours and re-enter the body through dirty hands, dust, laundry, toys.
- Tapeworm is wide - an adult reaches a length of 10 m, can live inside a person up to 25 years. It enters the body along with raw or unprocessed fish and its caviar.
- Echinococci and alveococci are carried by animal carriers. Inside the body they are through poorly washed vegetables, fruits, vegetables, raw water.
- Pork and beef tapeworm (tapeworm) - the name speaks for the carriers of these parasites. You can get infected through poorly cooked meat, bacon and meat products. The length of the tapeworm is 7 m, the length of the pork tape is 2 m. The lifespan is up to 20 years.
- Hookworm (worm) - the infection occurs mainly through the skin while walking barefoot.
- Hairhead is an intestinal parasite that enters the body through dirty hands, lives on the intestinal mucosa and blood.
- Giardia - is observed mainly in the child's body, gets there through dirty hands, toys, household items. They multiply very quickly.
Signs of helminths
Parasites in the human gut lead an active lifestyle. Their existence causes certain symptoms.
- Diarrhea: Worms produce substances that provoke diarrhea in the gut.
- Constipation: Worms can block organs due to their size and congestion. The helminthic invasion blocks the bile and intestinal ducts.
- Irritation of the intestines, bloating, gas - the products of the activity of parasites cause inflammation, irritate the intestinal mucosa. The nutrients that come with food are poorly absorbed or not absorbed at all. Fat goes to the colon instead of the small intestine. This causes cramps, excess gas and bloating.
- Allergies are caused by the release of toxins from helminths. The body begins to produce intensive protective substances against toxins - eosinophils, their excessive production and leads to allergies.
- Skin changes: possible rash from acne, urticaria, wounds, eczema, ulcers. Cracks form on the heels and the nails become brittle. Dandruff appears on the hair.
- Joint and muscle pain occur when certain types of worms roam the body in search of comfortable organs or tissues for their existence. When they find favorable places and settle them, then similar pains appear.
- Weight loss or overweight: weight loss occurs as a result of decreased appetite and indigestion; overweight is caused by a sudden drop in blood sugar levels, which is why the feeling of hunger is constantly pursued.
- Constant fatigue is accompanied by apathy, rapid fatigue, decreased concentration and memory.
- Decreased immunity: the body can not withstand infectious diseases and colds.
- Anemia occurs due to the fact that some types of worms adhere to the intestinal mucosa and absorb nutrients from there.
- Nervousness - is caused by toxic waste from the vital activity of helminths, which irritates the central nervous system. Sleep is disturbed, irritability, depression appear, in a dream a person grits his teeth.
- Respiratory diseases: in case of worms entering the respiratory organs, the body temperature may rise, the runny nose is disturbed; in severe cases, pneumonia and asthma develop.
Determining the presence of worms
To determine the presence, type of parasites, the doctor prescribes the delivery of tests in stages. The stool analysis is collected and submitted several times.
In addition, scrapes are taken from the areas of the anus. In some cases, a barium x-ray is prescribed. It is recommended that the tests be taken by each family member.
Treatment of parasites and worms
In case of confirmation of the presence of parasites in the body, after establishing the type and type of worms present, the doctor prescribes a course of treatment with various means. This can be a dosage form, in addition to which alternative medicine - the use of herbs - will serve as a good helper.
The worm removal process can be divided into several stages.
- The first is to prepare the body for elimination. It is necessary to cleanse the intestines, liver, bile ducts.
- The second stage is the direct elimination of parasites.
- Third - recovery after treatment of the immune system, damaged organs, strengthening the general well-being.
Medicines are prescribed to remove such helminths as roundworms, toxocara, pinworms. Many of them have a wide range of effects, so they can be used against a number of parasites. You can also perform additional cleansing procedures with folk remedies using herbs: celandine, tansy, pomegranate peel, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, wormwood, elecampane, garlic, wild rosemary, pumpkin seeds and other herbs. For example, wild rosemary and celandine are drunk from lamblia; elecampane - from parasites living in the digestive organs, lungs, blood; pomegranate peel - from pinworms and roundworms; pumpkin seeds - from pinworms; cinnamon, ginger and cardamom are good preventive anthelmintic plants. They usually take decoctions of several herbs, herbal preparations.
Adherence to diet during treatment
It is recommended that you maintain your body by following a diet during treatment. The diet must contain juices, dairy products, fruits, fiber foods, carrots, beets, garlic. Remember to drink more fluids. Along the way, taking medications containing food enzymes will help the gastrointestinal tract to function normally; with the content of probiotics (bifidobacteria) - to restore the beneficial microflora in the intestine. It is also recommended to take vitamin C, zinc.
To prevent the risk of helminth infestation, you need to follow simple hygiene rules. From the causes of the infection it is clear that many types of parasites enter the body through unwashed hands.
Therefore, be sure to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water, especially after walking, going outside, after using the toilet, before eating, etc.
In addition, you should regularly clean the living space, if you have pets, you should regularly give them anti-mucus preparations and do additional disinfection. Proper nutrition, drinking boiled water also plays an important role. Do not buy products of dubious quality.
For prevention you can take anthelmintics if there are pets in the house, if the place of residence is a village, a village. Taking medication is also recommended if there is constant contact of children with each other (kindergarten, school); if you often have to travel abroad or go out in nature to relax, fish, hunt, etc.
For constant monitoring of the condition of a healthy body, it is recommended to do tests to check for possible presence of parasites at a certain time. The most important condition for protecting the body from the introduction of intestinal parasites is the observance of cleanliness, hygiene, order.